M.D. & Ph.D.
Professor of Medicine & Gastroenterology
Director of Gastroenterology Department, SYSH
Intestinal Mucosa Repair, Treatments of Digestive System Cancer
Prof. Chen Qikui has been dedicated to the clinical and basic research of intestinal mucosa repair and digestive system cancer treatment for years. His research projects include inducing embryonic stem cells to differentiate into intestinal epithelial cells, studying the active role of mesenchymal stem cells and autologous bone marrow in repairing intestinal mucosa injuries, and analyzing the effects of cytokines.
Prof. Chen Qikui has published three professional books and about 100 pieces of research papers. He is also the national patent owner of “Applications of Expression Vector and Recombined Plasmids”. As the project manager, he has won three research grants, with two from the National Natural Science Foundation and one from the Guangdong Natural Science Foundation.
1997, MD & PhD, Sun Yat-Sen University
Member of the Gastroenterological Committee, Chinese Medical Association
Member of the Pancreatic Diseases Study Group, Gastroenterological Committee, Chinese Medical Association
Member of the Gastroenterological Committee, Chinese Pathology and Circadian Society
Editorial Board Member of Medical Science Monitor(MSM), Clinical Chemical Acta (CCA), Chinese Medical Journal(CMJ)
1. Anti-fibrotic effects via regulation of transcription forctor Sp1 on hepatic stellate cells.Cell Physiol Biochem.2012,29:51-60
2. Antiviral therapy of decompensated hepatitis B virus-ralated cirrhosis.CMJ,2012,125,373-377
3. Musashi1 expression cells derived from mouse embryonic stem cells can be enriched in side population isolated by fluorescence activated cell sorter. BMC Cell Biology 2011, 12:47-51
4. Musashi1 and Hairy and Enhancer of Split 1 High Expression Cells Derived from Embryonic Stem
Cells Enhance the Repair of Small-Intestinal Injury in the Mouse.Dig Dis Sci,2011, 56:1354-1368
5. Higher expression patterns of the intestinal stem cell markers Musashi-1 and hairy and enhancer of split 1 and their correspondence with proliferation patterns in the mouse jejunum. Med Sci Monit. 2010，16:BR68-74.
6. Musashi 1 positive cells derived from mouse embryonic stem cells can differentiate into neural and intestinal epithelial-like cells in vivo. Cell Biol Int. 2010，34:1171-1180.