M.D. & Ph.D.
Professor of Surgery
Deputy Director of Hepato-Pancreato-Biliary(HPB) Surgical Department
Radical Surgery and Comprehensive Treatment of Pancreatic Cancer, Individualized Drug Therapy of Chronic Pancreatitis, Operation and Treatment of Hepatobiliary Cancer and Hepatolithiasis
Prof. Chen Rufu has been dedicated to the diagnosis and therapy of Hepatobiliary, Pancreatic and Splenic Disease for more than 30 years. He is an expert at treating Pancreatic Cancer, Hepatolithiasis, Cholangiocarcinoma, Liver Cancer, Portal Hypertension and Gastrointestinal Neoplasms. He is also known for using Minimally Invasive Technique to perform Bile Duct Exploration Surgery.
Prof. Chen Rufu has published three medical books and 108 pieces of papers, among which six are SCI papers. He has won two National Natural Funds, two National High Tech Funds, and 11 scientific funds at provincial level. He was also the winner of three Provincial Awards of Technological Achievement.
2000, Doctorate Degree, Tongji Medical University
Member of the Spleen Surgery Committee of the Surgery Affiliate, Chinese Medical Association
Vice Chairman of the Surgery Committee, Medical Association of Guangdong Province
Chairman of the Minimally Invasive Technique Committee, Liver Disease Association of Guangdong Province
Member of the Pancreatic Cancer Committee, Chinese Anti-Cancer Association
Chairman of Pancreatic Cancer Committee, Anti-Cancer Association of Guangdong Province
Chairman of the Hepatobiliary Pancreatic Diseases Committee, Health Management Association of Guangdong Province
Member of the Surgery Standing Committee, Doctors’ Association of Guangdong Province
1. Guo N, Chen R*, Li Z, Liu Y, Cheng D, Zhou Q, Zhou J, Lin Q. Hepatitis C virus core upregulates the methylation status of the RASSF1A promoter through regulation of SMYD3 in hilar cholangiocarcinoma cells. Acta Biochim Biophys Sin. 2011 May;43(5):354-61. Epub 2011 Mar 29. (As Corresponding Author)
2. Li ZH, Tang QB, Wang J, Zhou L, Huang WL, Liu RY, Chen RF* . HCV core protein induces malignant transformation of biliary epithelial cells by activating NF-κB pathway. Journal of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, 2010, 2010,5(7):1315-20. (As Corresponding Author)
3. Chen RF, Li ZH, Liu RY, Kong XH, Tang QB, Wang J. Malignant transformation of the cultured human normal biliary tract epithelial cells induced by hepatitis C virus core protein[J]. Oncol Rep. 2007, 17(1): 105- 110.
4. Chen RF, Li ZH, Pan QH, Zhou JJ, Tang QB, Yu FY, Zhou QB, Wang J, Chen JS. In vivo radioiodide imaging and treatment of pancreatic cancer xenografts after MUC1 promoter-driven expression of the human sodium-iodide symporter[J]. Pancreatology. 2007, 7(5-6): 505- 513.
5. Chen RF, Li ZH, Kong XH, Chen JS. Effect of mutated IkappaBalpha transfection on multidrug resistance in hilar cholangiocarcinoma cell lines[J]. World J Gastroenterol. 2005, 11(5): 726- 728.
6. Chen RF, Zhou JJ, Tang QB, Zhou Quan-bo. Poly (ethylene glycol) modified solid lipid nanoparticles as carriers of doxorubicin for the treatment of hepatocarcinoma cells[J]. Nanoscience, 2006, 11(3): 225- 229.
7. Chen RF, Li ZH, Zou SQ and Chen JS: Effect of hepatitis C virus core protein on modulation of cellular proliferation and apoptosis in hilar cholangiocarcinoma. Hepatobiliary Pancreac Dis Int 2005 4（5）: 71-74.